- This event has passed.
Volcan Mountain Sky Island Hike and Stewardship
May 13 at 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join VMF director and environmental biologist, Jonathan Appelbaum, for a hike on the short but scenic Sky Island Trail (1.5 miles) with views to the Pacific Ocean from a vista that is a mile above sea level. Following the hike, Jonathan will lead the group in watering and weeding newly planted saplings as part of an ongoing forest restoration effort at Volcan Mountain Foundation’s 400 acre Nature Center.
- Family-friendly (all ages, just be ready for 1.5 miles of hiking)
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses) recommended
- Bring your own reusable water bottle
- Event tools and supplies will be provided
- There will be restroom facilities available at the event
- Participating in this event will include walking on uneven terrain and/or some stooping and bending
- Community service hours can be verified for volunteers at this event
Presented by Volcan Mountain Foundation