- This event has passed.
(FULL) Santa Ysabel Open Space Preserve Wildflower Hike
May 13 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
This event is popular and has filled up to capacity! Please join us for another River Days activity.
Join the San Diego River Park Foundation in partnership with the County of San Diego Parks and Recreation for a guided hike to explore the oak woodlands and native grasslands of the Santa Ysabel Open Space Preserve a the very top of the San Diego River watershed. Along the way we will look for and identify native wildflowers, which should be spectacular this year!
This will be an 8-mile out and back hike, which we rate as moderate difficulty due to length, with some steep sections. Most of the hike is through rolling grasslands and woodlands.
- Family Friendly (all ages welcome), as long as all hikers are prepared for the distance. Contact us with specific questions.
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses) recommended
- Bring your own reusable water bottle
- Bring your own snacks and lunch for a scenic picnic
- Participating in this event will include walking on uneven terrain and/or some stooping and bending