- This event has passed.
Navajo Canyon Habitat Restoration
May 20 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join City of San Diego Park Rangers in restoring native habitat at Navajo Canyon! Help us improve the health of the San Diego River Watershed by removing invasive non-native plant species, planting native species, watering, and spreading mulch. Advanced registration is required HERE (will link you to create a volunteer account on the City’s volunteer platform).
Neighborhood street parking is on Carthage St. and Eldridge St. Carpooling is encouraged. For event questions, please email Ranger Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family-friendly (all ages)
- Volunteers 15 and under need to be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the event
- Volunteers ages 16 and 17 allowed alone, but with a parent/guardian signature
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Long pants required
- Wear clothes that can get dirty
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses) recommended
- Bring your own reusable water bottle
- Bring your own snacks
- Event tools and supplies will be provided
- There are no restrooms available at this event
- Participating in this event will include walking on uneven terrain and/or some stooping and bending
- Community service hours can be verified for volunteers at this event
- Bees may be present in the area
Presented by City of San Diego Open Space Rangers