- This event has passed.
Guided Nature Walk from Kumeyaay Lake Campground
May 13 at 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Join a Mission Trails Regional Park Trail Guide on a guided nature walk and learn about the plants, animals, geology, history, and ecology of the park. Explore the park’s east side on the Grasslands Trail, which leads to a Kumeyaay grinding rocks site and the picturesque Old Mission Dam overlook. Walks may include a visit to the lush riparian habitat of the Kumeyaay Lake shoreline, a portion of scenic Oak Canyon, or the historic Old Mission Dam. The walk starts from the Kumeyaay Lake Campground Entry Station.
- Family Friendly (All Ages)
- Closed-toe shoes required
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses) recommended
- Bring your own reusable water bottle
- Participating in this event will include walking on uneven terrain and/or some stopping and bending
Presented by City of San Diego Parks and Recreation