- This event has passed.
Eagle Peak Ranch Open House
May 20 at 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for an open house at Eagle Peak Ranch in the Pine Hills area of Julian anytime from 9 am to 3 pm to explore the trails, vistas, creek, pond and picnic areas. You can explore on your own, and stop by to talk to our preserve volunteers for preserve tips, hike advice and directions.
More experienced hikers are welcome to meet at 9 am for an adventure to the historic homestead (under 2 miles roundtrip, but 400+ feet of elevation gain one-way and some scrambling over boulders). Intermediate and beginner hikers can arrive anytime and be offered options of other shorter/easier hikes and walks to explore the property.
The San Diego River Park Foundation works to protect land in the upper San Diego River watershed near Julian through land acquisition. Once purchased, these lands are conserved and managed by SDRPF staff and volunteers, including trail maintenance, planting and restoration projects, monitoring for rare and protected species, and monitoring for invasive species. Join this open house to explore this conservation success and learn more about future projects.
RSVP Required HERE.
- Closed-toe shoes strongly suggested, and long pants strongly suggested. This preserve is home to wildlife, and there is potential to encounter insects, spiders, snakes and plants. Even if you don’t plan to hike, we encourage closed-toe shoes and long pants.
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses) recommended
- Bring your own reusable water bottle with plenty of water. There is no potable water available on site.
- Bring your own snacks or picnic lunch. There are several picnic tables and benches, or bring your own picnic blanket or camp chairs to stake out a lunch spot.
- There are no restrooms available at this event.
- Participating in this event may include walking on uneven terrain and/or some stooping and bending
Presented by San Diego River Park Foundation