- This event has passed.
Clean & Green Clean-Up
May 14 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Looking for a volunteer opportunity that allows you to support a healthy river while interacting with a group of like-minded people? Come out with our core volunteer team to assist with River Clean-Ups! If you don’t mind getting dirty and doing some trail blazing then this may be the perfect fit for you.
Each year, San Diego River Park Foundation volunteers remove more than 200,000 pounds of trash from our River. Without our amazing volunteers, this trash would be left to pollute native animal habitats, create unsightly piles in our parks and public spaces, leach contaminants into the water, and could be washed out into our ocean and beaches!
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the event:
- Please arrive at 8:45am to get checked in on time, allow time for parking.
- Be sure to dress in clothes that can get a little dirty–long pants are required and long sleeves are highly recommended. A hat, sunscreen, or any other types of sun protection are also recommended for all of our outdoor events.
- Closed toe shoes are required. No sandals, Tom’s or other flats. You must wear sturdy tennis or hiking shoes.
- In order to reduce single-use plastics, we encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle with water to drink
- Please note that light rain will not cancel this event.
- We will provide all tools and supplies for you to use.
- Community Service hours can be verified for those who need them
- For safety reasons, no pets are allowed at this event
- There are no restroom facilities at this location. Please plan accordingly.
- Ages 16+.
Weather: National Weather Service – DFW
Follow the link below to sign-up:
This Clean & Green is sponsored by Think Blue!
Presented by San Diego River Park Foundation