- This event has passed.
Beach Cleanup – Weather Pending
May 11, 2019 at 9:00 am - 11:00 am
THIS EVENT MAY BE RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED HERE BY 8AM ON SATURDAY, 5/11.
Did you know that there are 5.2 trillion pieces of plastic floating in the ocean weighing over 250,000 tons? YOU can help reduce the amount of plastic entering our ocean from San Diego! Join the Surfrider Foundation and like-minded volunteers as they work to pick up litter at Ocean Beach, keeping it safe and beautiful for all to enjoy.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Surfrider tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but please bring your own as our supplies are limited. By bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, you help us minimize waste at our cleanups.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact email@example.com
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup. Preview the data card here.
Weather Cancellation Policy
• If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the Surfrider San Diego County events calendar or visit us on social media.
• For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by Surfrider Foundation